Capability Standards & Micro-Credentials
Traditional structured formal qualifications promote learning that is often more generalised, discipline based, and focused on knowledge transfer. It can be expensive and time-consuming if you only need part of the degree or wish to prioritise to meet immediate needs.
But qualifications can be disaggregated or built into micro-learning chunks and still can stack into the formal, macro-qualification. This occurs through micro-credentials which target specific learning or capabilities required in the future workplace. These forms of nano-degrees or micro-credentials offer a more personalised, efficient and cost-effective way to ensure your workforce are keeping their skills relevant and certified. Working Futures™ has been working with:
- Telstra and CapabilityCo to pilot and deploy a seamless service able to support Future Ready profiling and developing individuals, teams, and the workforce using the human capability standards.
- DeakinCo to identify future capabilities required in professional work and to develop a framework Deakin University can use to not only recognise professional capabilities, but to assure credit or enhanced entry into their post-graduate qualifications for those attaining a micro-credential.
- Credly to gather evidence, verify, and recognise the experience, achievements, formal learning or certificates achieved by an individual or group.
- Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) and Griffith University to identify better way to verify informal, non-formal or formal learning in young people and enhance the verification, credentialing and management of lifelong digital records using blockchain technologies.
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand to assess and recognise their member’s professional status while also opening opportunities to qualifications and careers.
- Engineers Australia to enhance the digital assessment, recognition and credentialing of competency attainment while mapping this progress to their member journey and formal qualifications.